Wednesday 28 September 2016

AMIN TAHA




Amin Taha is an architect working in London. I met him once when he was just starting out and working and living in two rooms. Absolutely no privacy; couple of gorgeous girls lounging around, wife, secretary, co-workers? No idea. He was moderately interested in me and what I was selling but he was just doing kitchen extensions in those days and had nothing I could really get involved with. Look at him now: award winning buildings, mega hotels and holiday complexes around the world; a really amazing website [here if you want to look] and an office with a prestige address. I thought he was charm personified back then, never thought for a moment that charm could get you this far, so fast.
His buildings represent what Philip Roth called the ecstasy of sanctimony and it cannot be defeated by analytic rigour.

No comments:

Post a Comment